Bottom of Form
DATE: Monday, March 28, 2022 TIME: 7 pm
PLACE: Meeting took place at Colonial House in Freedom.
President Rob Vandermoss called the meeting to order a 7:01 pm
Secretary’s Report: Clint Smith asked if there are any additions and/or corrections recommended to the Secretary’s Report which was posted on our website: www. frrc.us. If so, please e-mail Secretary Clint Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org
Motion to accept made by Randy Schuler. The motion was seconded. The motion passed unanimously with “aye” votes.
Marty Nussbaum provided the Treasurer’s financial report. Please see Marty for specific details. Motion to accept made by Larry Raygo. The motion was seconded. The motion passed unanimously with “aye” votes
- Employees: We will likely have a brief employee meeting before the April meeting at 6:15pm on April 25th. Zero applicants for the assistant flagman position thus far. Any leads please seek out an officer.
- Schedule/Sponsor/marketing update read off by Rob Vandermoss. 1st 3 nights open and July 21st. May 19th we may have some leads for. If you have any potential sponsors, please reach out to Rob directly. Promotion company is no longer in place, as they had expected FRRC to do all the legwork. There will be large 2 x 4 side on the wall for all 16 nights for advertising.
- Audit Committee update read off by Larry MacArthur. See Larry for specific details. There will be some new procedures for everyone to see where all the money goes.
- Non-divisional (General) rule and procedural changes proposed from SLM division:
Testing rule: 2 x total testing allowed on Thursdays per team 10:30am-1pm (only 1 on r,w and b nights)
Teching: if you can’t take it apart: impound the car
Team transponder goes with car.
More robust teching and also tires from impound only released by FRRC official
3 wide rule new wording was recommended trying it this way for 2022:::: “3 wide racing is not encouraged. If a 3 wide pass is deemed to cause a caution, the car determined to be at fault will be black flagged. If the wide pass is deemed to be an aggressive move and does not cause a caution, the car deemed to be responsible for creating the 3 wide situation will be penalized 2 finishing positions. Unless a subsequent caution takes place and the positions are corrected before the re-start, or the driver is able to surrender the 2 positions under green flag conditions without creating an unsafe situation. 3 wide is only allowed on the front stretch on the straightaway of the final lap”
A short discussion took place with questions from the general membership and several SLM drivers gave explanations to this. Ultimately, many times it will still be a judgement call. Rob felt it will not be much different than past years, other than the ability to move people back 2 spots instead of a full disqualification.
- Dan Strong Proposal….for live racing streaming on the internet; Proposal was read off. A short discussion took place with support and concerns on potential $$ gained and lost. Regardless, this has to be a discussion that involves the track owners, as there is potential for loss of concession money. It was asked if the officers could arrange to meet with track ownership before next month’s meeting.
- Farmer came up front and spoke about some parking spaces. We will have overflow parking if the pit parking gets full. If anyone has ideas on how to improve parking, seek out Farmer. Still looking for car parkers 4:30pm—7:30pm—hourly wage plus a free pass. Stickers will also be required for inner pits parking.
TOPICS FROM THE FLOOR
- Larry Raygo suggested a change to the order of events where SS scuff and then group qualify…Rob mentioned that we are planning on moving sizzlin’ 4’s qualifying to later in the night. Rob said we will take it under advisement. Suggestions were brought up for group qualifying for the LM’s due to the tire shortages. The goal is to be done by 6:10pm so we have time to do wall of fame, etc. so we can start right at 6:30pm.
- R, W and B is being discussed on whether the R, W and B series is still going to be done for support divisions. Brent Strelka said we gained cars, so we should still do points and trophies.
- Officers will be deciding on the order of events between this meeting and will read off the proposed order of events next month.
- Judi asked if we should have a payout summary for 4 cylinders. Rovals suggested a different way of being paid. Possibly just tally up how many times they race and then make one check at the end of the year.
- Marty Nussbaum announced that he and his wife Jen will be donating a checked flag for every heat race winner. He will ask that each winner sign the flag and give it to the fans.
Motion made to adjourn by Dan Strong. The motion was seconded. The motion passed unanimously.
President Rob Vandermoss adjourned the meeting at: 8:31pm
Next meeting will be Monday, April 25th, 2022 at Colonial House.