DATE: Monday, February 28, 2022 TIME: 7 pm
PLACE: Meeting took place at Colonial House in Freedom.
Vice President Larry MacArthur called the meeting to order at 7:02 pm
Moment of silence for Rene Grode
Secretary’s Report: Clint Smith asked if there are any additions and/or corrections recommended to the Secretary’s Report which was posted on our website: www. frrc.us. If so, please e-mail Secretary Clint Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org
Motion to accept made by Andy Monday . The motion was seconded. The motion passed unanimously with “aye” votes.
Marty Nussbaum provided the Treasurer’s financial report. Please see Marty for specific details. Motion to accept made by Kurt Schweitzer. The motion was seconded. The motion passed unanimously with “aye” votes
- Divisional reps. We need to finalize Rovals and QMLM rules, if possible tonight.
Rovals: Henry Neerdahls read off recommended changes. (Many improved safety issues)
Short discussion occurred. Motion made to accept by Clint Smith. Seconded
22 ayes 0 nayes
- QMLM: Tim Baumann read off recommended changes. (2 year rules package and several safety changes) Short discussion occurred. Tabled topic from January meeting: QMLM as a regular FRRC full division. This was voted down at the last QMLM meeting, so the topic is a dead issue. No Motion made, as they are still a separate division.
- W.I.R. Contract update for 2022. No changes
- Employees: We are still collecting applications for a couple spotting and flagstand positions. (Mainly the 4th turn spotter job). Please send inquiries to: Cbsracingclintman@gmail.com
- Tabled Topic from January: Try to make every weekly show unique somehow. Focus on a different division each night. Try to give more attention to other competitors. No additional feedback given.
- Tabled topic from January meeting: Moving rovals to the end of the show. Procedural change. This is more of a procedural change, so we can discuss this at the next two meetings as we build our order of events. A short discussion took place. Rovals are not allowed in inner pits in 2022. No decision was made.
- Non-divisional rule and procedural changes will be discussed and voted on at MAR/APR meetings. Please review these ahead of time for further discussion, 2021 rules are listed on the website.
- Rob has a sponsor/marketing updates which will be read off next month.
- Audit Committee brief update read off by Clint Smith (prepared by Jodi Vandermolen) Full Audit results at the next meeting.
- Approved Bylaws voted on last month will be updated and posted on the website. After Rob returns from vacation.
- Judi has paper membership forms and can assist with membership forms
TOPICS FROM THE FLOOR
- Farmer Jack came up and explained a new procedure for how to enter the pits. It will be more organized than in the past. The goal is to get the vehicles off the road and keep the road free. In the future they may add an extra lane added to the road. Also, it is recommended to keep pit vehicles out of inner pits, as they get in the way of parking haulers. Dragstrip entrance will be open early for outer pits guys.
- W.I.R. is also looking for car parkers. 4:30pm is the start time. Contact farmer Jack.
- Larry Raygo mentioned raising the $1 admission and asked that we consider paying this out in nightly payouts. Several members agreed and mentioned they would rather see the money from this into nightly payout. (topic tabled until Rob returns, as he had some ideas for this.)
- Hank Calmes asked if FRRC would consider charging $10 yearly passes to park in the pits.(tabled) We may have to have someone police this or a MEMBERS ONLY SIGN, or something to hang from the rearview mirror. We used to issue one per competitor. Tabled.
- Mike Anthony is working on an updated pit parking map. He said it is looking crowded for Red White and Blue. Farmer suggested having the American Legion there to present the colors for these races.
- Larry Raygo brought up the idea of getting rid of the targeted 16 cars % break downs. Larry said only 1 division exceeded their %’s. Larry Raygo made a motion to eliminate the 16 car percentage. Seconded. Aye 2 Naye 30. Motion failed.
- Kurt mentioned he has some old seatbelts available.
- 2022 Schedule is just filling in sponsors on which nights.
Motion made to adjourn by Tom Hockers. The motion was seconded. The motion passed unanimously.
Vice President Larry MacArthur adjourned the meeting at:7:57 pm
Next meeting will be Monday, March 28th, 2022 at Colonial House.