Bottom of Form
DATE: Monday, January 25, 2021 TIME: 7 pm
PLACE: Zoom meeting only
President Kurt Schweitzer called the meeting to order at 7:01 pm
Secretary’s Report: Clint Smith asked it there are any additions and/or corrections recommended to the Secretary’s Report which was posted on our website: www. frrc.us. If so, please e-mail Secretary Clint Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org
Motion to accept made by Scott Vanden Huevel. The motion was seconded. The motion passed unanimously with zoom votes.
Marty Nussbaum provided a brief Treasurer’s financial report. Motion to accept made by John Ruh . The motion was seconded. The motion passed unanimously with zoom votes
Kurt discussed the idea of coming up with a projected budget, as the KK Insurance came in late and was not paid earlier in the year. This can create a month to month listing of all normal expected costs. Kurt screen shared this rough projected yearly budget.
- Membership sales are available by printing the membership form and sending it in to: P.O. Box 152, Kimberly, WI 54136. Forms are available on the website or myracepass.
- Marty Nussbaum will have 1099’s available. Contact him directly, or else they will be mailed on Friday.
- Nightly Sponsor update (Rob). Has about half the nights covered. Still working with others yet. Les Stumpf’s 100 year anniversary, so we want to do something special for that. Rob said get him any names for new nightly sponsors or any smaller groups that might want to do something on a night.
- Weekly scoring system updates (MyRacePass) Points and pay will all go through Myracepass this year, which is new in 2021
- Registration and driver profiles: Vitally important for ALL drivers to sign up on myracepass.com and claim a profile.
- Any questions should be sent to: FRRCPointsPay@Gmail.com email address
- Team Driving steps: Please check with Mike Z. by e-mailing him at the address above.
- Rovals: Can we consider the driver only to get their entry fee back ? Last year they only raced for a trophy. Marty suggested that maybe they have free admission, instead of them paying $15 and we pay them $15
- We continue to hope to resume meeting IN PERSON as soon as it is feasible. Kurt does have a projector to be set up if someone is able to host this. Jack Effertz is willing to host this with about 40 chairs. Kurt can set the projector up a week ahead of time
- 2021 W.I.R. Contract update: Still discussing the final updates, but no major changes. Still discussing possibilities for billing for R, W and B rainouts and how that will be adjusted.
- Rules endorsement for ¼ mile LM’s: Keeping the same rules as 2020, except radios ARE allowed. Motion to approve 2020 rules for 2021 made by Henry Neerdals. Motion was seconded. Floor was open for discussion. (single file restarts to start the season, per Pete Berken, but that is not part of the motion)
13 Aye 0 Nay Motion passed.
- Tanner Fickel spoke briefly about the “possum rule” And the invert for the feature is 1 second off fast qualifier. Rules will be finalized and published soon. It will be voted on next month.
- SLM: No changes, just procedural suggested changes; no rule changes since the last vote.
- BOD nominations: Dave Schneider resigned from the BOD; Opening for a business role representative. Dave Valentyne was nominated by Kurt Schweitzer to resume his role as a former officer. Kurt opened the floor up for any more nominations from former officers. Randy Yaeger nominated Ed Howard for the open position for the business representative. Scott Vanden Huevel mentioned that Mike Panure has also expressed interest in joining the BOD. Kurt will follow up, as most nominated were not present on the Zoom meeting. More nominations will be made in February and voting will take place in February, as well. Ed Howard accepted the nomination via Randy Yaeger
- Employment Applications: Please send inquiries to: email@example.com
Dan Watry has applied for inner tech to work with Mike Panure. Outer pits Mike Klein and Matt Rowe want to return and possibly a 3rd person learning in the outer pits.
Topics from the floor
- Procedural changes recommended:
- Andy Monday made a motion that there be no testing on race day (only an emergency exception—MUST BE APPROVED BY an officer of the divisional rep.) seconded. Further discussion. Pete Berken asked if this was for ALL divisions. No objections were voiced of this being for all divisions.
17 aye 0 nay Motion Carried
- Andy Monday made a motion that if qualifying is rained out, the lineups would all be based on points instead of average qualifying races. If the rule needs to be applied before Red race, we will use previous year’s points for lineups. Seconded. Discussion was made that this should be for all divisions, not just SLM.
15 aye 0 nay Motion Carried
- Andy Monday made a motion that the past SLM champion be the first qualifier and count up by 15 each week for the SLM , LM, and SS division or any division that qualifies individually. Seconded. Brief discussion.
15 aye 0 nay Motion Carried
- Justin Uitenbroek suggested via e-mail that one spin unassisted in a heat race, would put the car in the pits. In addition, 2 spins unassisted by the same driver causing a caution in a feature, the driver is sent to the pits
Brief discussion took place. Mike Anthony mad a motion. Seconded
10 aye 1 nay Motion carried
- Justin Uitenbroek had suggestions about how to handle jumping the start. It was suggested we discuss more next month when Justin can join us to further discuss it. This did not result in a motion being made. There were a lot of different opinions being thrown out.
- Jordan Gracyalny suggested different bumpers to be added to rovals. Rules have already been voted on and approved.
- Larry Raygo suggested if there are any BOD members available to stick around and do a brief Zoom chat on a topic separate from the general meeting
Motion made to adjourn by Scott Vanden Huevel. The motion was seconded. The motion passed unanimously.
Kurt Schweitzer Adjourned the meeting at:8:13 pm
Next Meeting is on Monday, February 22, 2021 at 7pm and will likely be done via Zoom. If there is an IN PERSON Location it will be posted on the website and Facebook app.