DATE: Monday, October 26, 2020 TIME: 7 pm
PLACE: At W.I.R. pit shack area and broadcast on W.I.R radio station (due to COVID-19 Virus social distancing recommendations.)
President Kurt Schweitzer called the meeting to order at 7:03 pm
Secretary’s Report: Kurt Schweitzer asked it there are any additions and/or corrections recommended to the Secretary’s Report which was posted on our website: www. frrc.us. If so, please e-mail Secretary Clint Smith at email@example.com or if there are any additions or corrections text a specific phone number.
Motion to accept made by Hank Calmes. The motion was seconded. The motion passed unanimously with raised hands and car horns and accepted as read.
Marty Nussbaum provided a brief Treasurer’s report. Motion to accept made by Randy Yaeger. The motion was seconded. The motion passed unanimously with raised hands and car horns and was accepted as read.
- Ballots were handed out listing Vice President—Nominated and Accepted Nominations: Rob Vandermoss, and a space for write in candidates.
- Treasurer—Nominated and Accepted nomination —-Marty Nussbaum; Dave Stammer and a space for write in candidates
- Divisional RULES Updates: Super Stocks already had their divisional rules meeting and they submitted a great list of suggestions to be voted on in November.
- Additional rules meetings still need to take place in order to have rule change suggestions to be decided on at the November meeting.
- Any suggestions for the officers to discuss on GENERAL non-divisional rues changes /procedural changes should be proposed to the officers if at all possible before the November meeting
- Kurt brought up an opportunity to buy a set of scales worth about $1,750 that we can buy for $1,350, due to all the recent issues brought up by the members. We would still incur costs to build a platform, etc.
Motion to allow the club officers to spend up to $3,500 on a new set of scales and platform for the inner tech area was made by Mike Butz, seconded by Hank Calmes. The motion passed unanimously with raised hands and car horns and was accepted as read.
- Candidates were asked if they wanted to give any speeches prior to the ballots being counted, in case this made anyone want to change any votes that had already been deposited in the ballot boxes. Candidates each gave short speeches.
- A motion was made to change the meetings to the 3rd Monday of each month by Dave Stammer, motion was seconded. A raise of hands in favor of this change yielded 12 votes and 1 car horn. A raise of hands vote against this change yielded 14 votes. Motion did NOT pass. IF the motion had passed, the change would have still needed to have been proposed as a change in the bylaws to the Board of Directors, per the new bylaw change procedures implemented last off season.
- Last call for any remaining ballots to be acquired and/or deposited in the ballot boxes.
A break took place while the votes were counted.
- VOTING RESULTS:
Vice President: Rob Vandermoss-51, other non-accepted write ins-3
Treasurer: Marty Nussbaum-46, Dave Stammer-10.
Rob Vandermoss is the VP for the next 2 seasons and Marty Nussbaum is the Treasurer for the next 2 seasons.
- Motion made to destroy the ballots made by Taylor Vandermoss. The motion passed unanimously with raised hands and car horns and was accepted as read.
Motion made to adjourn by Sawyer Effertz. The motion was seconded. The motion passed unanimously.
Kurt Schweitzer Adjourned the meeting at 7:34pm
Next Meeting is on Monday, November 23, 2020 at 7pm and will likely be done via Zoom. If there is an IN PERSON Location it will be posted on the website and Facebook app.